When I purchased my IPhone 4 last summer I had no idea that I would use it as a teaching tool, and such a great learning aid. But the biggest pleasant surprize is the huge role it plays in my EDUC 5173 course. I have never had so much fun completing assignments! And, my students are thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to use the IPod apps. This is a true win-win situation!
One of my students has used my school's IPod to help her meet the math outcomes outlined in her IPP, specifically adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing single digit numbers. IPod apps that have helped her develop math operation skills include Fashion – Math, Addition Game, Add the Cats, Greater Than, Kid Genius, Rocket Math, Kids Math, Basic Math and Kids Math Fun. She also likes to use the IPod calculator too. Now I am looking forward to discovering more apps to support her as she applies her math operation skills to help her shop, cook and launder her clothes.
By the way, my first blog entry explained my fear of technology. Looks like I am getting a little more comfortable with computers and IPods. I added WiFi to our high speed internet this weekend. Now my IPhone 4 will be even more fun.
Thanks for reading my blog.
GREAT ideas and application with your student Cathy....and for your infectious enthusiasm:)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about your case study at the end of the course:)