What is your preferred method of course delivery?

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Episode 4 - The One Where Cathy (and her students) have Lots of Fun with the IPods

Wow! IPods are amazing. My students (under my supervision) and I have been enjoying the use of the IPod lent to us by Barb. From transitioning from activity to activity to learning to form sentence correctly, the IPod holds apps that meet the needs of so many of my students. And, I must confess that I also enjoyed many moments checking out the apps myself and also took the opportunity to practice creating cells in the Proloquo2Go app. My students and I especially like these apps - Bug Squash, Fluid 2, iSentence (Sentence Builder), Math Bingo, and Pocket Frogs.

Upon reflection after listening to our guest speaker, Kerr, last week I have come to realize that several of my students of yesteryear were not recognized for the true intelligence that they possess. Although there is very little chance that I will be involved in the further education of these students of my past, I vow that I will do everything that I can to help my present and future students achieve to their full potential. I expect that technology such as IPods and IPads will play a major role in enhancing in their education.

Thanks for reading my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Cathy - these devices will be offering many students powerful learning opportunities and chances to convey their greatest potentials.

    ReplyDelete